[Podcast] Caring About the Ones No One Else Does
Dave Johnson is the Chief Executive Officer of the Fletcher Group, based in London, Kentucky. His background in social work, healthcare, and academia led him to starting Fletcher Group with the help of Ernie Fletcher, the former Governor of Kentucky. A recent grant connected them to SMART Recovery with the Rural Centers of Excellence Initiative.
In this podcast, Dave talks about:
- His journey from Big Sky country to the Motor City
- Flunking retirement after meeting Governor Ernie Fletcher
- Developing and operationalizing the Fletcher Group organization at record speed
- Being the catalysts for change
- Caring about the ones whom no one else does
- Receiving a HRSA grant for the Rural Centers for Excellence Initiative (RCOE)
- How and why recovery homes have gained public awareness in the last decade
- Connecting with SMART and implementing the curriculum and best practices into the houses
- Coaches and motivation
- The benefits for a recovery home participating in the RCOE program
- Gauging success: initiation, engagement, retention
- What recovery capital is and why it’s important
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Recovery welcomes comments on our blog posts—we enjoy hearing from you! In the interest of maintaining a respectful and safe community atmosphere, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when making or responding to others’ comments, regardless of your point of view. Thank you.
- Be kind in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in how you respond to opinions that are different than your own.
- Be brief and limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words.
- Be careful not to mention specific drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic details are not necessary.
- Be focused on the content of the blog post itself.
If you are interested in addiction recovery support, we encourage you to visit the SMART Recovery website.
If you or someone you love is in great distress and considering self-harm, please call 911 for immediate help, or reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline @ 800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look forward to you joining the conversation!
*SMART Recovery reserves the right to not publish comments we consider outside our guidelines.*