Take 5 Spotlight – Lorie White
Lorie White is the latest addition to SMART’s staff. As National Office Administrator, she’s all about best practices in operations and workflow. Given the variety of the substantive work by the crew at HQ in Mentor, you might say it’s valid to add symphony conductor to her job description. She’s prepared for whatever zaniness comes her way.
More seriously, Lorie brings a passion for people to SMART, “…especially those that are struggling with an addiction or addictions that effect their lives or the lives of their loved ones.” This passion leads to making a difference in people’s lives both directly and indirectly.
In her key role, Lorie supports SMART leadership and works as part of the team that is setting organizational direction. Since the new strategic plan is gaining traction, Lorie’s new presence at SMART couldn’t have come at a better time.
Here are Lorie’s responses to the Take 5 Spotlight questions:
- Are there tasks you perform regularly during your workday?
I support the organizations executive leadership and BOD for required administrative matters—all day long!
- What are a couple of the ways you interact and coordinate your job with other national office staff? Regular staff meetings, also many Zoom meetings one-on-one with staff members.
- What is one of the ways that you think you personally make a difference at SMART? I am empathetic and passionate; I make sure I see things through to the end. I also make sure there is constant communication.
- What is your message to all those dedicated SMART volunteers across the country? Thank you for all the hard work and dedication that you have put into your communities. You are selfless, kind, and compassionate, it takes such an amazing person to do what you do.
- What kinds of things are you interested in outside of work? I love to spend time with my family. My husband and I have 4 children and 3 grandchildren. We like to steal away some time and go to the lake just for a relaxing day or half of a day depending on what projects we have going on.
The combination of office skills and an empathic nature means Lorie contributes value to myriad aspects of SMART’s mission. And the symphony she conducts will certainly earn a standing ovation.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Recovery welcomes comments on our blog posts—we enjoy hearing from you! In the interest of maintaining a respectful and safe community atmosphere, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when making or responding to others’ comments, regardless of your point of view. Thank you.
- Be kind in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in how you respond to opinions that are different than your own.
- Be brief and limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words.
- Be careful not to mention specific drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic details are not necessary.
- Be focused on the content of the blog post itself.
If you are interested in addiction recovery support, we encourage you to visit the SMART Recovery website.
If you or someone you love is in great distress and considering self-harm, please call 911 for immediate help, or reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline @800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look forward to you joining the conversation!
*SMART Recovery reserves the right to not publish comments we consider outside our guidelines.*