July 20, 2022
Posted in:
national institute of drug abbuse


  • Are you or someone you know experiencing severe symptoms or in immediate danger? Please seek immediate medical attention by calling 9-1-1 or visiting an Emergency Department. Poison control can be reached at 1-800-222-1222 or
  • Are you or someone you know in crisis? Please call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit The call or web chat is free and confidential. Trained crisis workers are available 24/7 to help you.


  • For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the SAMHSA National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit to find a qualified healthcare provider in your area.
  • For other personal medical advice, please speak to a qualified health professional. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility at


The emergency and referral resources listed above are available to individuals located in the United States and are not operated by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). NIDA is a biomedical research organization and does not provide personalized medical advice, treatment, counselling, or legal consultation. Information provided by NIDA is not a substitute for professional medical care or legal consultation.

Copyright © 2024 Recovery Alliance Initiative
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram