You’re Invited! SMART Recovery Online’s Annual New Year’s Eve Around-the-World Event
Although COVID has changed many plans this year, we want you to know that you are not alone this holiday season. In keeping with our holiday traditions here at SMART Recovery, we are excited to once again offer our virtual annual New Year’s Eve Around-the-World event through SMART Recovery Online (SROL).
This nonstop meeting with hourly start times begins at 5:30 a.m. ET on December 31, 2020, and ends at 3:30 a.m. ET on January 1, 2021. Online meetings are laid back and fun with hourly themes selected by that meeting’s host.
A few of this year’s themes include:
- Holiday Triggers and Urges Awareness
- Trivia Around the World
- Recovery Music and Lyrics Chat
- Micro-Resolutions for 2021
- Looking Back, Looking Forward
- Relapse-Prevention, Warning Signs and What You Can Do to Recover From Them
- And more!
(See the full schedule at the bottom of this article or downloading this PDF.)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: This event is completely free-of-charge. To participate, use your SMART Recovery Online (SROL) login credentials. You can create SROL credentials for free at www.smartrecovery.org/community.
Wishing you a safe, happy, and healthy New Year.
- 5:30 a.m. ET – Meditation, Well-Being, and Self-Care
- 6:30 a.m. ET – Better Communication to Help Family Relationships
- 730 a.m. ET – SMART Recovery General Meeting
- 8:30 a.m. ET – Holiday Triggers and Urges Awareness
- 9:30 a.m. ET – SMART Games
- 10:30 a.m. ET – With every passing second you’re a new person: Rediscover, Redevelop, Recreate
- 11:30 a.m. ET – Creating Confidence Exercises with Eboni
- 12:30 p.m. ET – “We need to talk…”
- 1:30 p.m. ET – How I (personally) understand SMART Recovery
- 2:30 p.m. ET – What is your Fight Song?
- 3:30 p.m. ET – SMART Recovery General Meeting
- 4:30 p.m. ET – Trivia Around the World
- 5:30 p.m. ET – (Topic Pending)
- 6:30 p.m. ET – SMART Relationships
- 7:30 p.m. ET – What is Up with You on New Year’s Eve?
- 8:30 p.m. ET – SMART Recovery General Meeting
- 9:30 p.m. ET – Micro-Resolutions for 2021
- 10:30 p.m. ET – Recovery Music and Lyrics Chat
- 11:30 p.m. ET – Rule #32: Enjoy the Little Things – Learning to celebrate every victory
- 12:30 a.m. ET (Jan 1) – Looking back, looking forward
- 1:30 a.m. ET (Jan 1) – Relapse-Prevention, Warning Signs and What You Can Do to Recover From Them
- 2:30 a.m. ET (Jan 1) – How Blogging, Vlogging, Podcasting, Journaling, and Making Videos Can Help Your Recovery
RSVP on Facebook
Help us spread the news of our free, virtual event with your connections. RSVP to this event on Facebook and share it with friends and family.