It is our vision that everyone, regardless of means, will have access to coordinated community resources necessary for healthy, long term, meaningful substance use and mental health recovery.
Recovery Alliance Initiative, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, supports individuals and organizations from all sectors working collectively towards enhancing strong and healthy communities that support cohesive seamless systems of care related to prevention and recovery.
We Do This By:
Employing a proven Collective Impact model of community organizing and intentional collaborations towards commonly developed local goals using the following principles:
Components of a Collective Impact Approach:
- Design and implement the initiative with a priority placed on equity.
- Include community members in the collaborative.
- Recruit and co-create with cross-sector partners.
- Use data to continuously learn, adapt, and improve.
- Cultivate leaders with unique system strategies.
- Focus on program and system strategies.
- Build a culture that fosters relationships, trust, and respect across participants.
- Customize for local context.
Five Conditions For Collective Impact Sucess
- Common Agenda: All participants have a shared vision for change that includes a common understanding of the problem and a joint approach to solving the problem through agreed-upon actions.
- Shared Measurement: Agreement on the ways success will be measured and reported, with a short list of common indicators identified and used across all participating organizations for learning and improvement.
- Mutually Reinforcing Activities: Engagement of a diverse set of stakeholders, typically across sectors, coordinating a set of differentiated activities through a mutually reinforcing plan of action.
- Continuous Communication: Frequent and structured open communication across the many players to build trust, assure mutual objectives, and create common motivations.
- Backbone Support: Ongoing support by independent, funded staff dedicated to the initiative, including guiding the initiative’s vision and strategy, supporting aligned activities, establishing shared measurement practices, building public will, advancing policy, and mobilizing funding. Backbone staff can all sit within a single organization, or they can have different roles housed in multiple organizations.
*Recovery Alliance Initiative has no specific agenda or belief that any one answer is the “right” answer when considering individual paths to sustained recovery. By bringing a wide variety of knowledgeable and committed organizations and individual togethers, we believe together we can offer the best resources to move forward.